Monday, November 3, 2008

Rambha from big screen to small screen


















"South Indian actress Rambha" rubbishes reports that she is doing television soaps and says she will move to the small screen only after taking retirement from big screen.

'People are making up stories on the basis of my judging a reality show on a TV channel. I may think of a television career if roles offered excite me. But that will happen only after I retire from the big screen. I am choosy about my roles,' Rambha told IANS.

She accepted the offer to judge a reality show because she liked the concept, she said.

'I am still a sought after heroine. The forthcoming Tamil movie 'Vidiyum Varai Kaathiru' features me as the female lead opposite Prakash Raj,' said Rambha, who has done more than 100 films, including some in Hindi.

In a career spanning 16 years, Rambha has played lead roles opposite top Bollywood heroes like Salman Khan, Ajay Devgan, Suniel Shetty, Govinda and Mithun Chakraborthy.

Born Vijaya Lakshmi to Telugu parents, the squint-eyed actress adopted screen name Amritha and later changed it to Rambha.

Her uncanny resemblance to late Hindi actress Divya Bharti was one of her claims to all-India stardo

No comments: