Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Freida Pinto's dress slip up



















Freida Pinto, the female lead in Slumdog Millionaire, is enjoying every minute of her new-found stardom, but she’s also experienced the downside of being in the public eye.

The off-shoulder dress she wore for the Golden Globes has come in for some criticism and when asked about it, she says, “It seemed the right choice at the time, but I’m obviously going to be more careful now.”

But, apart from that, she’s quite thrilled at the reception she got after returning to India. She says, “It’s been a great homecoming. I need to treasure these moments for the rest of my life. For someone who’s never acted before, this break was a blessing.

Working for Danny Boyle was like attending the best acting school in the world. When we started working, he told me, ‘Life isn’t always the same. Brace yourself for the world!’ The attention does get overwhelming at times and I’m still getting used to it. I’m actually quite shy.”

No comments: